Friday, January 3, 2014

Ready* to Go, but Grounded by Snow.

With a major blizzard howling towards the coast and the airport grounding flights night before my morning flight, I bit the bullet last night and rebooked for Monday. Delta had waived change and cancellation fees the morning before the storm hit, and I was fully expecting my flight to be cancelled or delayed for a half day at least.Turns out my original flight did get out of the airport with only moderate delays, one of the first flights out. However, with the entire state highlighted with scary red driving conditions and jackknifed tractor trailers blocking the major highways, rebooking was probably the best choice. I was able to catch up on some sleep and will use my extra two days to pack and prep more carefully, do some more Spanish immersion, and spend time with family.

* Ready is a relative term. See post on procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment