Monday, January 6, 2014

A Very Full Day

Written 1/6:
Woke up 45 minutes too early thus morning, but I'm glad that I got up at 3am (!!!) because I was moving slow, walking slow, and standing in slow lines for my 6am flight. Which ended up delayed an hour and a half on the tarmac due to mechanical issues.
I made friends with two of the forty-five BU students heading to Honduras for a week of donating medical aid and education; they too missed their connection and I hope that they found a way to all make their trip.
Delta rebooked me automatically for my second leg, so I only had to hang around for a bit while frantically rescheduling my last flight. I've learned my lesson: whenever possible, put your whole itinerary on a single ticket, even if it's way more expensive.
Flew from Atlanta to Mexico City between an air conditioner salesman who has been all over Mexico and Central America and gave me some great travel suggestions for Chiapas, and a lovely woman going for a business trip who asked me if I was alright whenever I went rigid and pale during turbulence.
I'm not big on flying in general. A necessary and terrifying evil.
Now I'm hunkered down in the Mexico City airport, stealing hotel wifi. Impressions of this airport: medium-small, cold, few places to relax, but lots of vegetarian food and friendly friendly staff.
Another two hours till my last flight, now! I think I'll be about a 23 hour day of traveling by the time I get to a real bed-- yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment