Friday, December 27, 2013

Ice Storm Images

Visiting friends and family in Vermont earlier this week, I completely underestimated the ice storm that was about to hit. After the worst was over I was able to cozy up to a woodstove during the two-day power outage, and had some adventures sliding down a sloped road and bruising my legs up pretty impressively. Fortunately I made it home for Christmas and the power lines were at least temporarily repaired.

I'm a huge fan of The Boston Globe's weekly segment The Big Picture. This week had many images of the aftermath of the ice storm that knocked out power for tens of thousands in my adopted state of Vermont, and hundreds of thousands across eastern U.S. and Canada.

Click images to link through:


(Bob Strong/Reuters)
(Aaron Vincent Elkaim/AP Photo/The Canadian Press)

I also loved this shot of ducks in Boise:
(Kyle Green/AP/The Idaho Statesman)

No comments:

Post a Comment